IT’S PANCAKE DAY!!!
So, me and Liv obviously had to make pancakes. I’m not the best at making circular pancakes so we decided to make pancake scewers as they look cute and you can also make them circular with cookie cutters
Here is the super quick recipe
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp of olive olive (plus extra for cooking)
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a bowl or jug. In a separate jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the olive oil.
2. Pour the mixed milk and egg into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until the batter is smooth.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, add the olive oil into the pan. Add as much batter as you like to the pan, when the top of the pancake starts to bubble that’s when you should flip the pancake. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
4. Once your pancakes have cooled down, get a circular cookie cutter and cut out small circles to make smaller pancakes. Spread Nutella over your tiny pancakes, then stab them onto the skewers. Also do this with the blueberries, bananas and strawberries.
5. Finally, for a finishing touch sift some icing sugar on top!