EASTER EASTER EASTER
Naturally, I have been searching on Pinterest for some Easter baking ideas and found the creme egg brownie and I just couldn’t resist
It is soooo chocolatey and just amazing and yummy
What you will need –
- 1 hour of your time
- 20cm brownie tin
- Baking paper
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 275g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 5 Cadbury creme eggs
- Smartie mini eggs
- Cadbury mini eggs
- Cute little chicks
- Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease the 20cm square tin with butter and line with baking paper.
- Put the butter and the chocolate into a bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Put the mixture into the fridge so that it cools down quickly.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and tip in the caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and caster sugar for around 5-6 minutes with an electric mixer on maximum speed.
- Then pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the egg and sugar mixture and gently fold together.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into the wet mixture and continue to fold the mixture gently until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the brownie tin and place in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the cake is baking, cut the creme eggs in half (TIP: pour boiling hot water over the knife so that it cuts through the eggs easily). Crush a few of the mini eggs with a rolling pin but leave some whole.
- After the brownie has been in the oven for 20 minutes, take it out and place the creme eggs into the brownie. Then put it back into the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Once baked and cooled down, scatter all the mini eggs over the brownie. Then place into the fridge for 1 hour to make sure that the brownie is firm.
- When the brownie is firm, decorate with the little chicks to get those Eastery vibes!
- ENJOY THAT BROWNIE
- (take pictures of the brownie from different angles cause you love it) :))))