Quick and easy mermaid cupcakes by me and Liv P…
Me and Liv stumbled upon the mermaid cupcake set in a lovely little shop in Kirkby Longsdale. It was way too cute not to buy…
These cakes are perfect for a baby shower, children’s parties, charity bake sales and basically anyone who loves mermaids and cake
12 cupcakes –
- 110g self raising flour
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- blackcurrant jam
- strawberry jam
To decorate –
- Betty Crocker’s vanilla buttercream frosting
- Pink and blue food colouring
- Dr Oetker Fairy Princess sprinkles
- Mermaid cupcake set
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and place 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, adding a little milk. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Set aside until the cakes are cool.
- When the cakes are cool, use a syringe to inject the jam into the cakes. We used blackcurrant jam for the blue cakes and strawberry jam for the pink cakes.
- For the topping, simply spoon out the buttercream into two bowls. Colour half of the cream pink and the other half blue.
- Carefully spoon on the buttercream onto the cake in a circular motion.
- Go crazy and sprinkle your desired decorations and then stick the mermaid skewers into the cake.
- ENJOY the cuteness
- ENJOY the taste 🙂