Quick and easy mermaid cupcakes by me and Liv P…
Me and Liv stumbled upon the mermaid cupcake set in a lovely little shop in Kirkby Longsdale. It was way too cute not to buy…
These cakes are perfect for a baby shower, children’s parties, charity bake sales and basically anyone who loves mermaids and cake
12 cupcakes –
- 110g self raising flour
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- blackcurrant jam
- strawberry jam
To decorate –
- Betty Crocker’s vanilla buttercream frosting
- Pink and blue food colouring
- Dr Oetker Fairy Princess sprinkles
- Mermaid cupcake set
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and place 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, adding a little milk. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Set aside until the cakes are cool.
- When the cakes are cool, use a syringe to inject the jam into the cakes. We used blackcurrant jam for the blue cakes and strawberry jam for the pink cakes.
- For the topping, simply spoon out the buttercream into two bowls. Colour half of the cream pink and the other half blue.
- Carefully spoon on the buttercream onto the cake in a circular motion.
- Go crazy and sprinkle your desired decorations and then stick the mermaid skewers into the cake.
- ENJOY the cuteness
- ENJOY the taste 🙂
EASTER EASTER EASTER
Naturally, I have been searching on Pinterest for some Easter baking ideas and found the creme egg brownie and I just couldn’t resist
It is soooo chocolatey and just amazing and yummy
What you will need –
- 1 hour of your time
- 20cm brownie tin
- Baking paper
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 275g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 5 Cadbury creme eggs
- Smartie mini eggs
- Cadbury mini eggs
- Cute little chicks
- Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease the 20cm square tin with butter and line with baking paper.
- Put the butter and the chocolate into a bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Put the mixture into the fridge so that it cools down quickly.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and tip in the caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and caster sugar for around 5-6 minutes with an electric mixer on maximum speed.
- Then pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the egg and sugar mixture and gently fold together.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into the wet mixture and continue to fold the mixture gently until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the brownie tin and place in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the cake is baking, cut the creme eggs in half (TIP: pour boiling hot water over the knife so that it cuts through the eggs easily). Crush a few of the mini eggs with a rolling pin but leave some whole.
- After the brownie has been in the oven for 20 minutes, take it out and place the creme eggs into the brownie. Then put it back into the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Once baked and cooled down, scatter all the mini eggs over the brownie. Then place into the fridge for 1 hour to make sure that the brownie is firm.
- When the brownie is firm, decorate with the little chicks to get those Eastery vibes!
- ENJOY THAT BROWNIE
- (take pictures of the brownie from different angles cause you love it) :))))
IT’S PANCAKE DAY!!!
So, me and Liv obviously had to make pancakes. I’m not the best at making circular pancakes so we decided to make pancake scewers as they look cute and you can also make them circular with cookie cutters
Here is the super quick recipe
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp of olive olive (plus extra for cooking)
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a bowl or jug. In a separate jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the olive oil.
2. Pour the mixed milk and egg into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until the batter is smooth.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, add the olive oil into the pan. Add as much batter as you like to the pan, when the top of the pancake starts to bubble that’s when you should flip the pancake. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
4. Once your pancakes have cooled down, get a circular cookie cutter and cut out small circles to make smaller pancakes. Spread Nutella over your tiny pancakes, then stab them onto the skewers. Also do this with the blueberries, bananas and strawberries.
5. Finally, for a finishing touch sift some icing sugar on top!
I have spent aaaall day procrastinating but good procrastinating as I made some quick and easy HEALTHY snacks
Blueberry & Green Mint Iced Tea
I actually used to love drinking (hot) green tea and also putting it on my face (it makes a great face mask so I like to think).
Today I decided to make some iced tea seeing as it is nearly spring and just why not
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 mint green tea bags
- hot water (obviously)
1. Boil the kettle and put the tea bags in a jug. Pour over as much boiling water as you need and leave to brew for 5 mins.
2. Meanwhile, put 100g blueberries in a jug, add the sugar and lightly crush with the end of a rolling pin.
3. Remove the tea bags from the water, pour the tea over the blueberries. Add some ice and then chill in the fridge.
4. Pour the iced tea into the cups and add a few blueberries, a slice of lemon and some sprigs of mint leaves.
Chocolate And Coconut Energy Bites
- 100g pecan
- 75g raisins
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
OKAY so this is super easy… you basically need to mix everything (apart from the coconut) into a blender and BLEND. Then use your hands to make them into ball shapes. Once that is done, sprinkle desiccated coconut on top.
SUPER EASY AND QUICK
I actually cannot wait to eat these mmmm
- 4 fresh bananas
- peanut butter
- cocoa powder
- dried goji berries
- little white chocolate stars
I don’t even know if I need to explain this, you just get some bananas and throw on whatever you find tasty and then pop them into the freezer.
TIP – I put my peanut butter into a sandwich bag and used it as a sort of piping bag to pipe onto the bananas so they looked CUTE but you could just smother it all over if you don’t care about presentation.
SO YEH why do your uni coursework when you can make tasty food and drinks instead 🙂